SEBI vide. Circular No. CIR/CFD/CMD 56/2016 has required listed entities to disclose the cumulative impact of all audit qualifications on relevant financial items in a separate form called ‘Statement on Impact of Audit Qualifications’ instead of the present form. Such disclosures will have to be made along with annual audited financial results filed in compliance with the listing regulations.
The new mechanism will be applicable for all the annual audited standalone/consolidated financial results submitted by the listed entities for the period ended March 31, 2016 and thereafter. The new requirement has to be given in a separate form called ‘Statement on Impact of Audit Qualifications’. Disclosures are required to be made in a table form and need to be enclosed with the annual audited earnings, filed in compliance with the listing regulations. The operational details for implementing the aforesaid amendment shall be as under:
1. Estimation of impact if qualification isn’t quantified by auditor : Where the impact of the audit qualification is not quantified by the auditor, the management shall make an estimate. In case the management is unable to make an estimate, it shall provide reasons for the same. In both the scenarios, the auditor shall review and give the comments
2. Declaration in case of unmodified opinion : For audit reports with unmodified opinion, the listed entity shall furnish a declaration to that effect to the stock exchange(s) while submitting the annual audited financial results.
3. Declaration in case of ‘modified’ opinion : For audit reports with modified opinion, a statement showing impact of audit qualifications shall be filed with the stock exchanges in a specified format
4. Optional for management to explain views on audit qualification : The management of the listed entity shall have the option to explain its views on the audit qualifications.
5. Stock exchange to monitor compliance of disclosure requirement : The statements on impact of audit qualifications filed by the listed entities shall be a part of regular monitoring by the stock exchanges as specified in Regulation 97 of the Listing Regulations. In case of non-compliance, the stock exchanges shall take action against such entities as deemed fit and report to SEBI on a regular basis.